- April 24, BFF POD Meeting – Noon
- April 26, Day of Prayer
- May 7, ECC POD Meeting at the Catholic Center – 8:30 a.m.
- Please check the calendar for this weeks meetings and birthdays!
Happy Easter from the Catholic Schools Office!
Curriculum and Instruction Services
The Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese School Office seeks professional services in curriculum and instruction within our K – 12 schools. These contracted services would provide leadership and vision in the ongoing, planning, development, review, and direction of Diocesan curriculum and instruction. The term of the contract will be one year, from July 1 to June 30 of the following year with an optional renewal each year. The contract will be awarded to the individual or entity that best demonstrates their ability to provide leadership for the following tasks:
1. Review, recommend, and revise the K-8 and 9-12 Diocesan Standards and associated resources.
2. Provide development and advisement, and conduct in-house workshops to help meet goals and sustain a professional learning culture.
3. Review, recommend and create school improvement plans in accord with the Accreditation process.
4. Review, recommend and create a Diocesan benchmark assessments calendar.
5. Collect, analyze and manage the Iowa Assessment results.
6. Assist the Superintendent in reporting to the Diocesan School Board and Bishop in all curriculum, instruction, and assessment matters.
7. Coordinate and lead the First Year Teach program per state requirements.
This is a contracted position that will pay between $50,000 – $55,000. It will NOT include benefits or retirement. Here is the link to the job posting on hireology.
Free Sensory Friendly Movie Easter Monday
Please forward this information to your school/parish families!
Our friends at Standees Theater in Prairie Village Invite you to a Free Sensory Friendly Movie!! (Movie is yet to be announced – family friendly) 🎬🎥 – Easter Monday – April 22nd — 1:00 PM – Free Popcorn! 🍿. Spots are limited for the movie – You Must RSVP at this link.
Come to the Kid-Friendly Buffet at CFrogs before the show!
Adults: $10 and Kids: $7 ⭐️💫⭐️ 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Standees is donating 10% of all food/beverage sales ALL DAY to the🔥FIRE Foundation🔥.
Can’t come to the movie or lunch? Join us for Happy Hour 4-6! Special FIRE Sangria!
President Workshop ~ 2nd Notice
The Diocesan School Board moved the President’s Workshop from Tuesday, April 23, 2019 to Wednesday, May 22, 2019 to better accommodate the various school schedules. Some still have conflicts with this date, but it was the best date available for this time of year. DSB would like principals, your 2019-20 Advisory Council President and, if available, your 2018-19 Advisory Council President to attend the first annual Advisory Council President Workshop from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on May 22. During the workshop, topics associated with the role of the advisory council president will be explored. Dinner will be provided. Please make your incoming and outgoing president aware of the meeting and share this information with them. Encourage them to attend the workshop and complete the survey. In order to better meet the needs of the presidents, we ask that each principal and their incoming and outgoing presidents complete this survey. A ‘Save the Date’ flyer is attached.
Important May Dates ~ 2nd Notice
There is a series of events in May that need to take place like clockwork in order to assure Pat gets your Missouri non-public goals. The table below hopefully captures those events.
|Administer Benchmark Assessments||May 6 – 10||I suggest you give the benchmark as early as possible during this range of dates in order to allow more time for the following steps.|
|Grade benchmark assessments||May 6-10||This can be done during your “data day”, which was a local PD day on your school calendar. However, some schools may have made it a school day because of the snow. You can do this step during a faculty meeting or two.|
|Identify the ELA and Math areas of need by analyzing the Math benchmark and IA scores.||May 10 – 13||This can be done during your “data day”, which was a local PD day on your school calendar in May. However, some schools may have made it a school day because of the snow. You can do this step during a faculty meeting or two. Dan will provide a process for identifying the ELA and Math areas of need using both the Math benchmark|
|Bring ELA and Math areas of need to Principal meeting||May 14||Dan will probably ask principals to submit via a google sheet prior to the meeting.|
|Diocesan ELA and Math areas of need are established||May 14||During the meeting, we will review the ELA and Math areas of need for all elementary schools and then establish diocesan areas of need from the top 3-4 most frequent areas of need from the schools.|
|Submit Missouri Non-Public goals to Pat||May 21||Principals send their MNP goals to Pat.|
Night With Kevin Hines ~ 2nd Notice
Metro Council is pleased to invite teachers, parents and other school professionals to a Night With Kevin Hines on Thursday, May 2, 2019 from 6:30-8:00 PM at Cerner Innovations Campus, 8779 Hillcrest Road, Kansas City, MO 64138. Please forward to all staff and parents in your district that might be interested in attending. This FREE event will fill very fast! ( As of this TT publication there are only 57 seats left ). Kevin Hines is a storyteller at heart. He is a best-selling author, global public speaker, and award winning documentary filmmaker. In the Year 2000, Kevin attempted to take his life by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Many factors contributed to his miraculous survival including a sea lion which kept him afloat until the Coast Guard arrived. Kevin now travels the world sharing his story of hope, healing, and recovery while teaching people of all ages the art of wellness & the ability to survive pain with true resilience.
The Night with Kevin Hines event is a night intended for Teachers, Parents, and other School Professionals. This is a time to gain resources, hear an incredible story, and understand more about suicide.
In order to participate in this event, you MUST pre-register with Eventbrite. Also, due to Cerner’s requirements, you MUST have a Parking Pass. (Parking Passes will be sent prior to event to all registered participants). Anyone who is not pre-registered and/or does not have a parking pass, will not be permitted onto the property.
St. Francis Xavier – May 3
St. Regis Academy – April 26
|WEEKLY PRAYER INTENTIONS|
* Jesus, be near us this day. Teach us the JOY and forgiveness you offer. Show us the good in everyone. Let us be a channel of your JOY and bring us out of the darkness and into the light. Lord, help us remember to be always thankful. May joy live in our hearts and may we spread your JOY to everyone that we meet this day and every day. Amen. ~ St. John LaLande student
* Dear God, During Lent help us to keep our eyes on Jesus. Help us to spend more time talking and listening to You. Help us to share what we have with others and be sorry for times we have done wrong. Amen.
* O Heavenly Father, give us wisdom and hope as we work to strengthen and prosper Catholic Education in our Diocese. May our Catholic schools help parents to form their children in a relationship of faith, hope and love with and in Jesus Christ. Make our Catholic schools places where students grow in knowledge, wisdom, integrity and virtue.