- April 26, Day of Prayer
- May 7, ECC POD Meeting at the Catholic Center – 8:30 a.m.
- May 14, Principal Meeting at the Catholic Center – 8:30 a.m.
- May 14, Pillar 2 Meeting at the catholic Center – 3:00 p.m.
- May 14, DSB Meeting – 5:30 p.m.
- Please check the calendar for this weeks meetings and birthdays!
2019-2020 Book Study
We are looking for a book to use for the 2019-20 principals book study. Please share any book you think would benefit us all and help us grow professionally. The book should support areas of need we have identified. The following topics might help: analyzing data, becoming an instructional leader, leading teachers to become better differentiated instructors.
Textbook Evaluation Form
The CSO use to have a textbook evaluation form, but we cannot find it. We believe it became corrupted along with several other files on our older server. Does anyone have a good copy of the textbook evaluation form? Angie Meyer and the CSO would like a copy of it, even if it is just paper.
Curriculum and Instruction Services ~ 2nd Notice
The Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese School Office seeks professional services in curriculum and instruction within our K – 12 schools. These contracted services would provide leadership and vision in the ongoing, planning, development, review, and direction of Diocesan curriculum and instruction. The term of the contract will be one year, from July 1 to June 30 of the following year with an optional renewal each year. The contract will be awarded to the individual or entity that best demonstrates their ability to provide leadership for the following tasks:
1. Review, recommend, and revise the K-8 and 9-12 Diocesan Standards and associated resources.
2. Provide development and advisement, and conduct in-house workshops to help meet goals and sustain a professional learning culture.
3. Review, recommend and create school improvement plans in accord with the Accreditation process.
4. Review, recommend and create a Diocesan benchmark assessments calendar.
5. Collect, analyze and manage the Iowa Assessment results.
6. Assist the Superintendent in reporting to the Diocesan School Board and Bishop in all curriculum, instruction, and assessment matters.
7. Coordinate and lead the First Year Teach program per state requirements.
This is a contracted position that will pay between $50,000 – $55,000. It will NOT include benefits or retirement. Here is the link to the job posting on hireology.
President Workshop ~ 3rd Notice
The Diocesan School Board moved the President’s Workshop from Tuesday, April 23, 2019 to Wednesday, May 22, 2019 to better accommodate the various school schedules. Please make your incoming and outgoing president aware of the meeting and share this information with them. Encourage them to attend the workshop and complete the survey. In order to better meet the needs of the presidents, we ask that each principal and their incoming and outgoing presidents complete this survey. NO LATER THAN TUESDAY APRIL 30. A ‘Save the Date’ flyer is attached.
Important May Dates ~ 3rd Notice
There is a series of events in May that need to take place like clockwork in order to assure Pat gets your Missouri non-public goals. The table below hopefully captures those events.
|Administer Benchmark Assessments||May 6 – 10||I suggest you give the benchmark as early as possible during this range of dates in order to allow more time for the following steps.|
|Grade benchmark assessments||May 6-10||This can be done during your “data day”, which was a local PD day on your school calendar. However, some schools may have made it a school day because of the snow. You can do this step during a faculty meeting or two.|
|Identify the ELA and Math areas of need by analyzing the Math benchmark and IA scores.||May 10 – 13||This can be done during your “data day”, which was a local PD day on your school calendar in May. However, some schools may have made it a school day because of the snow. You can do this step during a faculty meeting or two. Dan will provide a process for identifying the ELA and Math areas of need using both the Math benchmark|
|Bring ELA and Math areas of need to Principal meeting||May 14||Dan will probably ask principals to submit via a google sheet prior to the meeting.|
|Diocesan ELA and Math areas of need are established||May 14||During the meeting, we will review the ELA and Math areas of need for all elementary schools and then establish diocesan areas of need from the top 3-4 most frequent areas of need from the schools.|
|Submit Missouri Non-Public goals to Pat||May 21||Principals send their MNP goals to Pat.|
St. Francis Xavier – May 3
St. Regis Academy – April 26
St. Pius X – May 5 – 2:00 p.m.
St. Michael the Archangel – May 9 – 5:00 p.m.
Bishop LeBlond – May 10 – 7:00 p.m.
|WEEKLY PRAYER INTENTIONS|
* O Heavenly Father, The Creator of all Joy, I am not worthy to be before You. But I ask that You, my hope, my life and my happiness, hear my prayer. For I am a child of the Lord. Filled with Your joy and love, I seek out Your forgiveness for all my wrongs. Forgive me for lying, forgive me for my anger and forgive me for when I take away other’s joy. Dear God my strength and my salvation, thank you for the little joys in my life. Thank you for those who surround me. Thank you for the joy of the seasons. I give You my gratitude for all things and hope others can feel Your love and the joy you give. In Your most Holy Name I pray, Amen.
~ St. Gregory Barbarigo student
* Loving God, You share the JOY of Your son, Jesus, with us. Help us LISTEN to others in need of Joy in their lives. Be with us as we SERVE the poor in YOUR world. May we SHARE what we have with those in need. Help us SPREAD what we know about YOU to others. Be with us as we are YOUR JOY; blessed to profess our FAITH in all we do. We seek to be JOY for our family and friends. May we be examples of JOY in our community and the whole world. In the JOY filled name of Your son, Jesus Christ, we pray, Amen.
~ Our Lady of the Presentation student
* O Heavenly Father, give us wisdom and hope as we work to strengthen and prosper Catholic Education in our Diocese. May our Catholic schools help parents to form their children in a relationship of faith, hope and love with and in Jesus Christ. Make our Catholic schools places where students grow in knowledge, wisdom, integrity and virtue.