- February 21, DSB Meeting at the Catholic Center – 5:30 p.m.
- February 25, BFF POD Meeting at the Catholic Center – 12:00 p.m.
- March 5, New Principal Meeting at the Catholic Center – 8:30 a.m.
- Please check the calendar for this weeks meetings and birthdays!
A Letter from Pat Kollasch
Please use this link which will take you to an important letter Pat Kollasch sent her parents. Feel free to share with your staff and parents.
Please Share – CSO Annual Surveys
We have had 30 Principals and Directors respond to our survey. We still need for you to share the link with your Pastor, Marketing Coordinator, Athletic Director and Special Needs Coordinator. (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JTZ7JDJ)
Please complete the annual CSO survey that can be accessed at this link. The survey will close on March 1st.
Just a reminder, when updating your Working Calendars the minimum hours your calendar can show is 1062:00.
EMAIL TO BUSINESS MANAGERS AND PASTORS
Below you will find an email sent to the Business Managers and school Pastors. Principals were included, but Dan wanted to make sure you got it, so it is pasted below.
Dear School Pastors and Business Managers,
As part of a normal continuous improvement process, our teacher contracts (Full and Part time) for 2019-20 have been under review by Schools, Legal, and HR. We will share the final version very soon.
I hope you find it helpful to now know the two key changes of substance with insight behind the decision:
• The number of work days will reduce from 192 to 188, without impacting teacher annual salary. Public school teacher contracts in Missouri have work days in the 170’s, while Kansas tends to be high 170’s to mid 180’s. To continue to strive to attract and retain the best teachers, rather than move the salary scale we see the reduction in work days to be the right solution at this time.
• The number of instructional hours will move from 1,101 to 1,121, increasing classroom instruction by about 3 days. Replacing administrative time with more classroom instruction increases our chances of improving student learning and becoming more academically excellent.
For the past two years, the Action Plan for Schools (APS2) has focused on becoming more Catholic, more academically excellent, and more fiscally stable. I believe these changes directly align with those goals. I welcome your thoughts and comments, please let me know if you have any questions.
Bright Futures Fund presents the Second Annual Mike Strohm Summer Sports Clinic, featuring Sporting KC Star Defender Seth Sinovic.
The Bright Futures Fund is extending an invitation to the 7th and 8th grade students across the diocese to participate in a soccer clinic and campus visit at Avila University. Avila has prepared a tour of the University with college students available to answer any questions. After the tour, the 7th and 8th grade students will eat lunch in the Avila cafeteria before participating in the soccer clinic.
This is a great way for students to set their minds on the future and of course have some fun!
When: Thursday, April 5th, 2019 10:00am – 4:00pm
Where: Avila University
Cost: $25 per Student
Cost covers a light lunch, campus tour, and clinic fee.
Space is limited so register online at www.brightfuturesfund.org today!
Safe Haven Sunday Initiative 2nd Reminder
Several months ago the Presbyteral Council discussed the topic of Safe Haven Sunday, an initiative of the Church in the United States to address the pornography crisis. More recently, Dino Durando and Kristen Marquis of the Office of the Domestic Church and Discipleship visited several deanery meetings to do a brief presentation on this and help inform pastors of their role in the effort. Our diocese is observing Safe Haven Sunday March 2-3, 2019. Please see the attached letter from Bishop Johnston about this important matter.
Our diocese is also providing resources to assist you in promoting this event. Materials may be ordered from the Office of the Domestic Church and Discipleship at email@example.com. For more information, please see the webpage: www.kcsjfamily.org/safehavensunday.
Holy Cross – March 6th
St. James, SJ – March 7th
St. Mary’s, Montrose – March 13th
Holy Rosary – March 14th
|WEEKLY PRAYER INTENTIONS|
* Jesus Others You
Joy in the morning with the sun shining bright. Joy in the evening and all through the night. Jesus I love you with all of my heart. I will serve you, then serve others to do my part. God take my heart, God take my mind, please keep me helpful, loving and kind. Amen. ~ St. Therese student
* O Heavenly Father, give us wisdom and hope as we work to strengthen and prosper Catholic Education in our Diocese. May our Catholic schools help parents to form their children in a relationship of faith, hope and love with and in Jesus Christ. Make our Catholic schools places where students grow in knowledge, wisdom, integrity and virtue.