- March 5, New Principal Meeting at the Catholic Center – 8:30 a.m.
- March 15, EMF Day at St. Therese – Begins with Mass at 8:30 a.m.
- Please check the calendar for this weeks meetings and birthdays!
ITERS-R and ECERS-R Deadline
Directors and Principals who have Early Ed classrooms with ITERS-R and ECERS-R, the result deadline has been extended and results are now due to Pat or Nancy Heathman on March 15th.
Job Posting Guidelines
As a reminder to Principals/Directors, jobs posted on Hireology are posted in a very public way. They are posted on three public job boards, one of which is Indeed.com which is often promoted as having the highest applicant traffic of all job boards. So, many people are reading what we are posting and what we are writing. We need to be consistent and professional.
Applicants will key-word search for our jobs. Bob Roper from HR suggests a consistent naming convention, using the job titles we already have:
• Elementary Teacher
• ECC Teacher
• ECC Aide
• Elementary Principal, etc.
The job description (job ad) is the place to provide details such as part-time or full-time, subject areas, grade levels, location, and so on. Please be mindful of these guidelines and use professionalism in your postings.
Moving School Board/Advisory Council Presidents’ Workshop
After getting several comments from principals indicating April 23, 2019 as a bad day for this workshop since most schools will not have elected their 2019-20 president yet, the board is now considering other dates that may work better. Use this link to indicate which of the dates will work for your newly elected president, past president (if interested), and principal.
This year the liturgical calendar for the Diocese of Kansas City St Joseph includes two dates which are closely associated with Rural Life. These dates are February 15th, which was a day of blessings for farm animals and Seedtime which is March 16th.
A committee with the Diocesan Office of Liturgy has been working to focus this year on Seedtime. The date for our focus is March 16th. It is a Saturday. The focus is the planting of crops. We realize that for schools to participate in prayer we will have to do a vigil on March 14th. St Gregory in Maryville has prepared a power point to help us learn about seeds and the journey to our tables and many other uses in our lives. There is also a letter from the Bishop and prayers for the day. You may access these items at the following link.
Thank you for helping us as a Diocese focus on this day.
Please email LeAnn after you have completed your 2019-20 calendar so that she can check over it and approve it. Once approved you will receive a new link back to your Working Calendar for the 2019-20 school year.
Current Year Calendars
Just a reminder, when updating your Working Calendars for this school year the minimum hours your calendar can show is 1062:00, NOT 1068:00 as Dan has been telling you.
Holy Cross – March 6th
St. James, SJ – March 7th
St. Mary’s, Montrose – March 13th
Holy Rosary – March 14th
|WEEKLY PRAYER INTENTIONS|
* Lord, teach me joy. Teach me to put Jesus and others before myself. Teach me empathy towards others. Lord, teach me everyone is fighting their own battles. And lastly Lord, teach me to love, be kind, be hopeful and most of all teach me joy. Amen. ~ Our Lady of Hope student
* O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty” and “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more.You were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you. Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
* O Heavenly Father, give us wisdom and hope as we work to strengthen and prosper Catholic Education in our Diocese. May our Catholic schools help parents to form their children in a relationship of faith, hope and love with and in Jesus Christ. Make our Catholic schools places where students grow in knowledge, wisdom, integrity and virtue.