- February 13, Principal Meeting at the Catholic Center – 8:30 a.m.
- February 14, CSLT Meeting at the Catholic Center – 1:00 p.m.
- February 18 – 20, F.I.R.E. Conference
- February 21, DSB Meeting at the Catholic Center – 5:30 p.m.
- Please check the calendar for this weeks meetings and birthdays!
Don’t forget the new date for the Principal Meeting
The Principal Meeting has been rescheduled for Wednesday February 13th. We will begin promptly at 8:30.
Benchmark Assessment Video for Feb 15 PD Day
Please have every teacher in your building view this video before February 15. (You can also copy and paste this link to view the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pYugOIBbEK_7ACf68ElHBadc3wEkupPl/view.) In the video Amy provides instruction on what the teachers are to do for the benchmark assessments during the 2-hour block on that day. If you have questions about the work to be done on Friday, please reach out to Amy.
Scope and Sequence for Benchmark Assessments
You can find the Scope and Sequence here. This document holds the following information:
• type of questions
• number of questions per grade level
• IA subcategory that each question aligns
• correct answer
• point value
As a reminder, on Friday the 15th all math teachers should grade and insert their student’s answers into the Google Sheet that LeAnn will provide ( by Tuesday the 12th ). The teachers do not need to physically grade the MC questions as the Google Sheet will do that. Each teacher will need to individually grade all CR questions. To input CR response, the teacher will need to select “Y or N.” Y for all correct responses and N for all incorrect responses. The Google Sheet will tally the total number correct and provide us important data as we work to finalize the benchmark.
Benchmark Assessment Review Form
A Google Form is also being provided to allow teachers to provide feedback on the benchmark. Please also allow time for your teachers to use the form on Friday. Here is a link to the form.
You can also copy and paste the link below:
If you have any questions about the video, Scope and Sequence or the review form let Amy know.
EMF Day March 15th ~ 2nd Notice
Please make note that the location for the EMF Day has changed. We will no longer be at St. Pius/St. Patrick. We will be at St. Therese for the day.
Pueri Cantores ~ 2nd Notice
The Bishop has expressed an interest in having willing schools participate in Pueri Cantores. If you or your music director are at all interested in finding out more about this, please let Dan know. He will arrange for a meeting between anyone interested and a local choir director involved in this program.
Pueri Cantores brings together youth choirs to raise the profile of choral music in the church, school, community and artistic settings. Pueri Cantores provides choristers with the rich experience of our Catholic tradition and a leadership role in the Church which they can carry throughout their lives.
A choir’s membership in Pueri Cantores creates optional opportunities to sing in local, national, and international settings. In addition to a choir’s own individual repertoire, singers learn an accessible shared repertoire of quality music which they are invited to sing in combined performance with other Pueri Cantories member choirs at Festivals, Masses and community events.
Bright Future’s Fund Presents: Mike Strohm Summer Sports Clinic ~ 2nd Notice
7th and 8th grade students are invited to attend the Field Day and Sports Clinic at Avila University on Thursday April 5th from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. See the attached flyer for details.
|WEEKLY PRAYER INTENTIONS|
* Dear Lord, please give me joy, happiness and hope. Please help me put Jesus before everyone and everyone before me. Please help me to be grateful for everything you have given me and be joyful in everything even when it is hard. Amen. ~ St. Gabriel Archangel student
* Please keep Molly McAnerney’s father, Tom Enright, in your prayers as he battles cancer. May he be given strength, courage and healing.
* Let us pray for Fr. Joe Miller, CPPS, Pastor of St. Francis Xavier Parish in St. Joseph as he deals with the recurrence of his cancer. May he also find strength and courage to continue fighting the battle.
* O Heavenly Father, give us wisdom and hope as we work to strengthen and prosper Catholic Education in our Diocese. May our Catholic schools help parents to form their children in a relationship of faith, hope and love with and in Jesus Christ. Make our Catholic schools places where students grow in knowledge, wisdom, integrity and virtue.