- February 5, ECC POD Meeting at the Catholic Center – 8:30 a.m.
- February 7, Principal/Director Meeting at the Catholic Center – 8:30 a.m.
- February 14, CSLT Meeting at the Catholic Center – 1:00 p.m.
- February 18 – 20, F.I.R.E. Conference
- Please check the calendar for this weeks meetings and birthdays!
Catholic Schools Week
As we near the end of Catholic Schools Week, we hope you, your faculty, staff and students found great JOY in the blessings of our Catholic Schools.
Visitors to our Schools
During the upcoming FIRE Inclusive Education conference in February, participants will tour 5 of our diocesan schools with inclusive education programs. In preparation for those visitors, who are all across the country, the 5 principals met with Pat and I to discuss the details of the tours. Collectively, we decided to send messages to both the participants of the conference as well as the parents. We wanted to make sure the participants understood our expectations and the parents knew their students are going to be safe and secure and their child’s right to privacy is protected. The following letter will be sent to the parents. A similar message will be delivered to the participants. We wanted to share this for your edification, especially if you have to deal with a similar situation.
During FIRE’s Inclusion in Action Conference 2019, from February 18 until February 20, 2019, participants all over the country are coming to the Kansas City-St. Joseph diocese to discover how inclusive education can be an important part of Catholic schools. As part of the conference, participants will tour the diocesan school your child attends as wells as four other diocesan schools that serve students with special needs in their inclusive education programs.
In order to make sure your children have a positive experience during these tours, every conference participant will also be asked to check in with the office and be escorted throughout the building with a trained tour guide on a pre-determined tour. In addition, participants will be asked to stay with their assigned group, not take pictures of students, and refrain from asking tour guides to identify any students’ names or discuss their educational needs. As always, we make sure your students are safe and secure and your children’s right to privacy is protected, especially during these tours.
Thanks for being part of the Catholic school community and, as always, please call me if you have questions.
Dr. Daniel W. Peters
Superintendent of Schools
Principal/Director Meeting Feb 7th
Please see the attached link for the agenda.
EMF Day March 15th
Please make note that the location for the EMF Day has changed. We will no longer be at St. Pius/St. Patrick. We will be at St. Therese for the day.
Discretionary Fund Applications
These schools submitted applications: Bishop Hogan, Cathedral, Nativity of Mary, St. Elizabeth, St. Francis Xavier, St. James – St. Joseph, St. Mary – Montrose, St. Patrick’s, St. Therese and St. Therese ECC. If we missed your application, please let Kerry know right away.
The Bishop has expressed an interest in having willing schools participate in Pueri Cantores. If you or your music director are at all interested in finding out more about this, please let Dan know. He will arrange for a meeting between anyone interested and a local choir director involved in this program.
Pueri Cantores brings together youth choirs to raise the profile of choral music in the church, school, community and artistic settings. Pueri Cantores provides choristers with the rich experience of our Catholic tradition and a leadership role in the Church which they can carry throughout their lives.
A choir’s membership in Pueri Cantores creates optional opportunities to sing in local, national, and international settings. In addition to a choir’s own individual repertoire, singers learn an accessible shared repertoire of quality music which they are invited to sing in combined performance with other Pueri Cantories member choirs at Festivals, Masses and community events.
Bright Future’s Fund Presents: Mike Strohm Summer Sports Clinic
7th and 8th grade students are invited to attend the Field Day and Sports Clinic at Avila University on Thursday April 5th from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. See the attached flyer for details.
STEAM Studio Week ~ 2nd Notice
Rockhurst University presents STEAM Studio Week February 25th – March 1st. Please see the attached flyer for information on Field Excursions and customized Professional Development.
|WEEKLY PRAYER INTENTIONS|
- * Dear God, help us to spread joy around the world and to see those who desperately need happiness in their lives. Give us a message or a sign to show that you have our exciting future in your hands. We put all of our trust in you and our joyful hearts in your hands. May you give us joy in sad times and help us be positive in negative times. Amen. ~ St. Francis Xavier Student
- * Please keep the Phillips family and the Nativity of Mary community in your prayers as they mourn the loss of Pierson Phillips. May Pearson rest in peace and may God hold his family and friends in His loving arms during this difficult time.
* O Heavenly Father, give us wisdom and hope as we work to strengthen and prosper Catholic Education in our Diocese. May our Catholic schools help parents to form their children in a relationship of faith, hope and love with and in Jesus Christ. Make our Catholic schools places where students grow in knowledge, wisdom, integrity and virtue.