- March 15, EMF Day at St. Therese – Begins with Mass at 8:30 a.m.
- March 25, BFF POD Meeting at the Catholic Center – 12:00 p.m.
- March 26, Pillar 2 Meeting – 11:00 a.m.
- Please check the calendar for this weeks meetings and birthdays!
EMF Day Dress Code
Please have your staff dress appropriately. Casual dress is acceptable but be professional in your choices. No yoga pants, sweats, etc. Jeans in good condition are fine. See attached agenda for the day.
2019-20 PD Days
The Pillar 2 Leadership committee needs some help for the 2019-20 PD days. But first, let me explain what we plan to do. On both of the elementary schools’ October and February PD days, the math teachers will focus on researched based math instructional practices. We hope to have diocesan teachers, local math professors and curriculum coordinators, and hired experts in this area (C.L.A.S.S. and other similar experts) present. For the non-math teachers, we hope to bring in presenters in general instructional practices. The non-math teachers will also spend some time during the PD days reviewing the new ELA benchmark assessments.
Now, how can you help:
1. We need the names of highly skilled math teachers in your buildings that could present during these days. We will emphasize the math areas where we as a diocese are weakest. We could also use the names of local curriculum coordinators or professors that have expertise in math. Please e-mail names to Amy Hogan.
2. We hope to raise $20,000 to pay for presenters on the two PD days (roughly $10,000 for each day). The CSO will commit $2,000. If each school averages a $750 commitment from their Title money, we will have more than enough. Schools with smaller Title budgets that can’t provide that much will hopefully be offset by schools that can contribute more. I would hope for larger contributions from those in the KCMO district, as they have larger Title dollars than others. So please email me ( Dan ) your commitment for the 2019-20 PD days.
Immaculee Ilibagiza ~ 2nd Notice
Immaculee will be selling and signing books on EMF Day. Cash, checks and credit cards will be accepted.
Counselors link Correction ~ 2nd Notice
The counselor’s link that was previously provided for resources to students/parents with special needs such as suicide, substance abuse or mental illness was not working properly. Please use this corrected link.
2019-2020 Calendar Updates ~ 2nd Notice
Please email LeAnn after you have completed your 2019-20 calendar so that she can check over it and approve it. Once approved you will receive a new link back to your Working Calendar for the 2019-20 school year. Please note the minimum hours are 1121:00 and the minimum hours after any weather days or unscheduled days off will be 1082:00. The contract days must equal 188. Instructions for filling out the calendar are included in the Google file that LeAnn sent to you on Feb 21 or 22.
St. Elizabeth’s – March 27
St. Peter’s – March 28
Bishop Hogan – March 29
|WEEKLY PRAYER INTENTIONS|
* Lord, help me to rejoice in Your sacred name, and by your holy Word I shall proclaim. Help me to follow You every day, even when things aren’t going my way. Lord, help me to perform good works, big or small, to implement joy in others’ lives, as is my call. Help me to worship You day and night, to live a life of joy and carry my light. Amen. ~St. Thomas More student
* Dear God, During Lent help us to keep our eyes on Jesus. Help us to spend more time talking and listening to You. Help us to share what we have with others and be sorry for times we have done wrong. Amen.
* O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty” and “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more.You were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you. Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
* O Heavenly Father, give us wisdom and hope as we work to strengthen and prosper Catholic Education in our Diocese. May our Catholic schools help parents to form their children in a relationship of faith, hope and love with and in Jesus Christ. Make our Catholic schools places where students grow in knowledge, wisdom, integrity and virtue.