- May 21, SOS Training at the Catholic Center – 8:00 a.m.
- May 22, DSB Presidents Workshop – CANCELLED
- May 24, MO Non-Public Deadline!
- May 28, SOS Training at the Catholic Center – 8:00 a.m.
- May 28, Pillar 2 Meeting at the Catholic Center – 9:00 a.m.
- May 30, Marketing Committee Meeting at the Catholic Center – 1:00 p.m.
- Please check the calendar for this weeks meetings and birthdays!
Updated Strategic Plan
Based on the changes that were made yesterday to the Strategic Plan, you can access the updated Strategic Plan via this link. You may need this to complete your Missouri Non-Public goals.
Advisory Council President Workshop Cancelled
The DSB’s Advisory Council President Workshop scheduled to start at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 has been cancelled. We did not get enough interest to warrant the conference. The DSB plans to add a breakout session during the DSAC conference on September 22, 2019 about leadership which will include information about being and advisory council president. Principals, please contact your advisory council president or any other council member that planned to attend to make sure they know the workshop was cancelled.
Protecting God’s Children
If you have new school employees that need a live PGC workshop before next school year, we have 3 options at the Chancery this summer. Each is 1-4 pm in the Cardinal Baum Room.
• Monday, June 24
• Monday, July 22
• Monday, August 12
It’s important that your new school employees understand that the training day sponsored by the CSO does not include a PGC workshop. School employees must have completed the PGC workshop “within 30 days of employment and activity on the school campus” to meet this requirement.
If you have any questions about safe environment requirements, please contact Sherry Huffman.
Sherry M. Huffman, M.Ed.
Safe Environment Program Coordinator
Office of Child and Youth Protection
As the school ends, please be sure your working calendars are updated!
Johnson Floor and Home Carpet One Discount
To show appreciation for the dedication to children, Johnson Floor Home Carpet One is offering a discount to Teacher, Administration and Support Staff of the Diocese of Kansas City- St. Joseph. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
|WEEKLY PRAYER INTENTIONS|
* Lord Jesus Christ, we ask that we may always have joyous and pure hearts. We pray that we may find joy and everlasting happiness in Your birth and resurrection. Heavenly Father, we ask that you grant us great joy with You eternally. Amen. ~ St. Charles Borromeo student
* Dear God, please give all people joy in their lives. Help us be kind and share our joy with others. Help us to consider other people; to show them what is beautiful in the ordinary life around us. Oh Lord, oh Prince of Peace, help us to spread joy throughout this world. Oh Divine Spirit, help us to enjoy life to the fullest. Give us the ability of peace and love to spread beyond all nations, especially to nations in most need. Please help us to help the poor, thirsty, homeless and the people who just lost a member of their family. Help us bring joy to their hearts. When we receive joy we remember God, His grace, and His light. Amen. ~ Visitation student
* God, You are powerful. Thank you for loving me. Help me to be full of joy. ~ St. James – St. Joseph student
* Please keep Robin Fisher and her family in your prayers as her Grandmother passed away last week.
* O Heavenly Father, give us wisdom and hope as we work to strengthen and prosper Catholic Education in our Diocese. May our Catholic schools help parents to form their children in a relationship of faith, hope and love with and in Jesus Christ. Make our Catholic schools places where students grow in knowledge, wisdom, integrity and virtue.