- November 21, DSB at the Catholic Center – 5:30 p.m.
- December 3, Principal/Director Meeting at the Catholic Center – 9:00 a.m.
- December 3, CSLT & Pillar 2 at the Catholic Center – 1:30 p.m.
- Please check the calendar for this weeks meetings and birthdays!
K – 2 Reading Assessment
- Starting during the 2020-21 school year, the diocesan office will require all elementary schools to do the following.
Adopt a K-2 reading assessment (STAR, Lexile, Basic Reading Inventory, etc.) that can produce an independent level grade equivalency score or a score that can be translated into an independent level grade equivalency score.
- Annually administer the reading assessment based on the following schedule.
- Report the independent level grade equivalency score for each student for each administration of the reading assessment to the Catholic School Office based on the above schedule.
- The administration of the CoGat is optional. Schools that decide to administer the CoGat can do so to whatever grade level(s) they wish.
Timeline for Math and ELA Standards and Benchmarks
The following tables will show you the planned timeline to develop and finalize both the math and ELA standards and benchmarks.
School marketing Tip of the week from Lane Lucas
Please see this attachment in regards to School Marketing in Social Media.
December 3rd Principal/Director Meeting Gift Exchange ~ 2nd Notice
Again this year we have a fun activity planned for the December 3rd Principal Meeting. If you would like to participate in a gift exchange, please bring a white elephant gift with a $15 value.
Textbooks Available ~ 2nd Notice
St. Therese has books they would like to give to anyone that can use them. Please see the list below and contact Kim McConnell at St. Therese by Monday November 25th if you would like any of them. She can give you a number of books that are available in each category.
*Christ our Life 1st grade
*Literature Works 4th grade
*Math in Focus Singapore 2013
1A and 1B
3A and 3B
4A and 4B
5A and 5B
*Holt McDougal 6th grade 2013, 7th grade 2013
Mathematics Course 1 and 2, 7th or 8th grade
Regions 2011, 4th grade
*Pearson Science Workbooks 2011
These can be used for 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th:
Cells and Heredity
Water and the Atmosphere
The Diversity of Life
Science and Technology
Inquiry and Technology
Forces & Energy
Sound and Light
|WEEKLY PRAYER INTENTIONS|
* A Thanksgiving Garden
Plant three rows of Peas: Peace in our hearts, Peace in our school. Peace in our world.
Plant four rows of Squash: Squash gossip, Squash indifferences, Squash grumbling, Squash selfishness.
Plant four rows of Lettuce: Lettuce be faithful, Lettuce be kind, Lettuce be obedient, Lettuce really love one another.
No garden should be without Turnips: Turnip for lessons, Turnip for time, Turnip to help one another.
Water freely with patience, cultivate with love. There is abundance in your garden because you reap what you sow.
To conclude our garden, we must have Thyme: Thyme for study, Thyme for friends, Thyme for family!
*As we give thanks for the bountiful harvests in our lives, let us remember in prayer those less fortunate and do what we can to help them in their struggles.
* Please remember the following people in your prayers:
Mary Kallman’s sister who has been diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer
Kristine Wheeler, wife of DSB Member Matt Wheeler
Kaci Monaghan’s daughter who is experiencing some health issues
Barb Deane’s son who is going through some testing
Molly McAnerney’s Dad as he battles cancer