- October 8, Principal Meeting at the Catholic Center – 8:30 a.m.
- October 8, Pillar 2 Meeting at the Catholic Center – 2:30 p.m.
- October 11, PD Day at St. Pius ( Elem/HS ) and St. Therese (ECC ) – 9:00 a.m.
- October 16th, New Teacher Mentee Meeting at the catholic Center – 2:00 p.m.
- October 17, DSB Meeting at the Catholic Center – 5:30 p.m.
- Please check the calendar for this weeks meetings and birthdays!
Mary Delac Wins an Award
Our very own Mary Delac, principal of Our Lady of Hope school, was recently announced as the UMKC Alumni Association winner of the School Alumni Achievement Award for the School of Education. There are thousands and thousands of alums so for her to be selected is a major accomplishment and very much deserved. Click to the following announcement for further information. Congratulations, Mary!!! You make us proud.
October 8th Principal Meeting Specifics and Agenda
Please bring a LAPTOP to the October 8th PD Day. You may find it difficult to use a tablet. The agenda can be found in this attachment.
October 11th PD Day
On Monday October 7th you will be receiving the links to the PD Day schedules and information for each group (Math teachers, Non-math teachers and High School teachers). Once received, please make sure you send those links to your teachers right away so that they can start reviewing the breakout sessions that will be available that day.
Don’t forget that part of the day you will be sitting in the bleachers. For your own comfort, you and your teachers may bring a stadium chair or seat cushion.
New Teacher Mentee Meeting Rescheduled
The New Teacher Mentee Meeting has been rescheduled for Wednesday October 16th at 2:00 p.m. at the Catholic Center.
As part of the teacher VBRD training on March 12 or 13th, we would like teachers and their personal children to role play as parents and children in a circle. We plan to do 2-3 demonstration circles, one for primary age, middle school age and high school age children. This would be done on a stage for all teachers in the diocese to observe. We need as many as 6-8 parents with children as young as 3rd or 4th grade, 6th – 8th grade, and/or high school age children. A 3-hour rehearsal and training will take place a few days before the PD day. If you have a flare for the dramatic, literally, please share your talents and volunteer to role play in a make believe circle. If you want to participate and don’t have children or don’t have children that want to participate in this dramatic production, please let Kerry know. We will find stage children for you.
Math Standards Teacher Training Schedule ~ 2nd Notice
May 22, 2020 — St. Joseph and North Rural Pod school teachers at Location TBD
May 26, 2020 — Northland Pod teachers at St. James (Liberty)
May 27, 2020 — Southeast and South Rural teachers at St. John LaLande
May 28, 2020 — Southwest and Bright Future teachers at Visitation
Educational Endowment Challenge Grant 2019-20 ~ 3rd Notice
Only 10 schools have applied for the Educational Endowment Challenge Grant for the 2019-20 school year. That means 17 schools did not even apply. The deadline was in June. This challenge grant means that if the school or parish raises $10,000 for their school’s endowment, the school gets another $10,000 matched, so the school increases their endowment by $20,000. This is FREE matching money. Why not do it? The matching amount is limited to $10,000 and is first come first serve. There is about $80,000 left to match. You can set the amount you plan to match from $1,000 to $10,000, whatever you feel comfortable in doing. The deadline has been extended to about 2 weeks from today. So, talk to your pastor or your business manager and find a way to match some amount!!! Call or write Jeremy Lillig to get an application (firstname.lastname@example.org).
October 9 – St. John LaLande ECC
October 15 – Christ the King ECLC
October 17 – St. Mark’s Small Wonder
October 18 – St. Pius X
|WEEKLY PRAYER INTENTIONS|
* As summer into autumn slips, O give me grace today. To rise and turn as summer’s leaves draw life and strength from heavenly rays.
~ Emily Dickinson
* Please keep in prayer those who may be struggling and do not let their struggles be known. May our prayers aid them in their journey.
* Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.